ACTIVITIES THAT FOCUS ON SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Think of five people you would like to send kind wishes to.
- Squeeze and let go, tensing different muscles in the body for 5 seconds and then slowly releasing.
- Hold one finger in front of your mouth. First, smell the flower. Then, blow out the candle.
- Use a happy moment to 'soak in the good' by pausing with your child to observe the pleasant physical and emotional feelings present.
- Practice gratitude by going back and forth with your child to name as many things possible that you are grateful for.
- The Ultimate Guide To Social Skills
- 7 Ways to Help Kids With Anxiety
- Try "Teddy Bear Belly Breathing" aka "Breathing Buddies"
- 28 Social Emotional Activities for Distance Learning At Home
- Find a space at a window. Look at everything there is to see. Pay attention to the movement of the grass or leaves in the breeze. Notice the many different shapes present in your view. Be observant.
- Get a handful of raisins. Pretend that you have never seen a raisin before. Examine the raisin's appearance. How do they look? Feel? Smell? Taste? What did you notice?
- Do your Alphabreaths! The First Friends Story Time regulars know all about this!
- Create Your Own Feeling Words Book
- Strategies To Support Social-Emotional Development
- ASQ-SE2 Activities
- 7 Music Games for Practicing Self-Regulation
- How You And Your Kids Can De-Stress During Coronavirus
- Take regular "Brain Breaks". Get moving with GoNoodle and Mindful Movement!
- 15 Essential SEL Activities for Preschool and Kindergarten
- Check out GoNoodleFlow and Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube
- PBS Kids
- Zero To Three
- Here are some PBS KIDS videos you can watch with your child to practice deep breathing together:
Early Childhood Partners programs are funded by the Massachusetts Coordinated Family & Community Engagement (CFCE) grant awarded to Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) serving Hamilton, Wenham, Manchester, and Essex. All educational and non-academic programs, activities and employment opportunities at Hamilton-Wenham RSD are offered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, homelessness, age and/or, disability, and any other class or characteristic
protected by law.
protected by law.